[cells-devel] gui-geometry

Kenny Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Sat Jul 12 19:55:16 UTC 2008

Andy Chambers wrote:
> Hi Kenny,
>
> Is the gui-geometry in cells what powers layout in cello?  Would it be
> worth somehow getting celtk to use this or should I just bite the
> bullet and jump to cello?

I just realized I got lost in there somewhere: the Tcl examples /should/
port OK, with caveat that PLACE will require a little new glue and yes I
still may have done an imperfect job of Just Exposing Tcl/Tk.

Tk pack is pretty powerful, and even the place mechanism has some cute
bells and whistles. It is not clear to me how much gui-geometry offers
you over those unless you are really planning on having some fun with
dynamic shifting GUIs, in which case yeah.

I think it comes down to what I said last time: if you can do without
the widgets, cello is great fun. A bear to build the first time, but
folks here should be able to help. I believe Frank left a roadmap
somewhere, at least in a cells-devel mailing. (We should add it to the
doc in cvs, I htink.)