[cells-devel] Re: cells and allegrocache.

Kenny Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Fri Jul 4 23:35:25 UTC 2008

Lost some quotations. More explitly

I was asked:
 >> I hope you don't mind I ask how or what is the best way to persist
 > cells in general.

I responded:
There is nothing genersl, because the process involves understanding
Cells [too mush to tell] and ones persistent library and then writing
several hundred lines of cleverness to make them work together with very
specific leverage of the mechanisms offered by the persistence library.

I was asked:
 >  I believe for most people who use cells would also
 > want them to persist them somehow.

I responded:
I loved it when I did it. Did you see my triple-cells hack? You [could
start with that, thn] build the FFI to get to Redland RDF and use that
for persistence. I like RDF better anyway as a data model, perisstent or
not.

I was asked:
 > And Allegrocache seems to be
 > complicated to be used with cells in this case.

I respondend:
Yes, it would be pretty tricky for anyone not versed in Cells, and even
then a solid amount of work. There is no magic hint to give you, it is
just a question of glue: how does one make two mechanisms work together?