[cells-devel] not-to-be and owning slots

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 11:41:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Ken Tilton <kennytilton at optonline.net> wrote:

> > > OK.
> > >

> > That was with test-gtk -- my favorite test case.
> >

>  I hacked up not-to-be a little (tho nothing fundamentally different than
> what I recall of your efforts which I cannot find in my email), moved
> cells-store out into its own source file (update your asd!), reran the cells
> regression test and test-gtk -- everything works.

Hmmm -- I don't see the new source file anywhere.  What's its name?
Did you add it to CVS before you did the commit?

Btw, I've updated the cells-gtk3 stuff every now and then -- did you
update from CVS recently?  I added a bunch of trcs to see what gets
quiesced when.

>  Mind you there may not be a non-.kids owning test anywhere in there, or
> even anything that verifies that the .kids are getting quiesced, but your
> report above of "I just saw that not-to-be did not propagate to kids *at
> all*" does not say /how/ you saw that, so maybe there is still
> non-propagation which is not being exposed by the test suite and still needs
> to be cured.

I'd like to provide test cases.  Where would be a good place to put
them?  Then I'd seize the opportunity and merge in my
with-assert-observers macrology somewhere :)  That would also prove
useful to check what gets not-to-be'd.

Thanks,
Peter