[cells-devel] openair progress

Ken Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Sat Apr 5 00:07:16 UTC 2008

Andy Chambers wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Ken Tilton <kennytilton at optonline.net> wrote:
>

>> Lemme know when that is done and I will bravely try to update. The on-line
>

> I'll send emails to cells-devel whenever I push to the repo.  I've
> also posted a feature request to the gitorious guy to add mailing list
> support whenever a push is made so maybe some time in the future,
> that'll happen automatically.
>

>>git doc actually looks pretty good, but any tips on the following would
>>help:
>>
>>  picking up your latest version in toto
>>  committing anything I do so (a) it does not tromp on everything and (b)
>>you can merge with it
>

> picking up the latest version:
>
> git pull origin
>

> In git, branches are really easy, so...
>
> git checkout -b kenny

Very cool:

mkdir openair
cd openair
git clone git://gitorious.org/hunchncells/mainline.git
cd mainline
git pull origin
-> Already up-to-date.
git checkout -b kenny
-> Switched to a new branch "kenny"

Cool. Now I do not see a new directory or anything, so I guess I just
start whacking on the code in mainline? Hmmm... I guess it gets
interesting after we both have made changes and I want to pick up your
newest stuff... well, I guess I can just hack away and commit under the
kenny branch and when /you/ decide to add anything I did to the mainline
I can just start over with a fresh copy. We can cross these hairier
bridges as needed.

I get the feeling Linus has done it again and git is taking over. Should
I move all my stuff to git do you think? And is this something
common-lisp.net can do, or am I headed for gitorious?

> creates the kenny branch and checks it out.
>
> hack, hack, hack
>
> git commit -a -m "fixed some stuff"
>
> If you and Frank add yourself as users to gitorious, I'll add you both
> as commiters to hunchncells.

I have signed up as "kennytilton".

thx for the tutorial!