[cells-devel] openair progress

Andy Chambers achambers.home at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 4 10:08:59 UTC 2008

I got the js-escape working better last night and went on to try and
fill out the apropos demo but ran into
some difficulties.

I may need to rethink the macrology because when I put the following
into the web-apropos model, I just got
a list of progvs.

(mk-div ()
   (mk-ul ()
      (loop for func in (apropos-list "prog")
         collect (mk-li ()
                      (mk-text func)))))

Also, only changes to attributes are getting propagated to the updates
slot, not changes to kids.

In short, I'm still plugging away at this but I might be further away
from producing something
useful than it has seemed so far.  Sorry if I've got people's hopes
up.  Its just the typical time estimates of
an inexperienced programmer.

I'm going to go back to celtk and try to understand the way it does
things a bit better and see if there's
anything fundamental I've missed.  I should maybe code the apropos
thing in celtk to check how the user
code should look and make similar sort of code work for the web.

Here's a quick question.  If you want to make the kids of a mk-stack
dependant on some other field in celtk,
do you have to explicitly (make-instance 'stack :kids (c? ...) or
should you still be able to use (mk-stack () ...)

Cheers,
Andy