[cells-devel] Celtk: Anyone using Celtk on Lispworks?

Frank Goenninger frgo at mac.com
Wed Sep 19 19:23:20 UTC 2007

Am 19.09.2007 um 20:30 schrieb Ken Tilton:

> Frank Goenninger wrote:
>> Hi all:
>> Hmm  - I had been using Celtk for about half a year now for
>> serious  development work in ACL. I am now trying to do so on LW
>> but have it  keeping crashing when loading the TCL framework. This
>> is on Mac OS X  10.4.10 Intel.
>> Any similar experiences by anyone?
>
> Just every time I try to port anything from ACL to LW. :)
> Corrollary: I never expect the simplest port from ACL to LW to Just
> Work. LW is fussier than ACL but in my experience once I track
> these things down I always have to admit that LW was right.
> Sometimes this had to do with me specifying the wrong module to
> CFFI, something ACL ignores IIRC. But whatever it is, it will come
> down to something highly-specific, so try to find out exactly when/
> where the crash happens and get back to me with the deets if it
> does not jump out at you.
>
> kt

Hehe - feels like back in 2004 when porting Cello to Linux ;-) (wow -
3 years gone since then ...)

I made up a very small test function:

(defun main ()
   (setf celtk::*tki* nil)
   (cells-reset 'tk-uer-queue-handler)
   (celtk::tk-interp-init-ensure)
   (setf celtk::*tki* (celtk::Tcl_CreateInterp))
   (celtk::tk-app-init celtk::*tki*)    ;; <<<  See below !
)

 From file Celtk.lisp:

(defun tk-app-init (interp)
   (Tcl_Init interp)   ;; <<<< --- Still Ok.
   (Tk_Init interp)    ;; <<<< --- Crashes here ...
   ;;(format t "~%*** Tk_AppInit has been called.~%")
   ;; Return OK
   (foreign-enum-value 'tcl-retcode-values :tcl-ok))

As interp is a void ptr there's no way of inspecting it for
meaningful contents ... lost.

Frank