[cells-devel] Cello: ^mouse-over-p not firing ... WORKING NOW :-)

Frank Goenninger frgo at mac.com
Tue Sep 4 20:51:50 UTC 2007

Am 04.09.2007 um 20:53 schrieb Ken Tilton:

>> Really? Then you have newer source Cello than I do ... ;-) Must
>> have  been something you did after the last CVS push ...
>> I can't find any mouse-over? in any Cello or Celtk code over here.
>> I am digging deeper ...
>
> Do you have a mouse-view slot being maintained reliably? The
> observer on that setfs the mouse-over? (or mouse-over-p) slot of
> the current view, which should of course be c-input.
>
> kt

Yes, I had - but only after adding class 'cello::mouse-view-tracker
to the superclasses of my Cello Widget base classe 'GNC-WIDGET ...
and the following change to file ix-togl.lisp:

(defobserver mouse-view ()
   (when old-value
     (with-integrity (:change 'mview-lost)
       (trc "mouseover lost by" old-value (window-cache old-value))
       (setf (mouse-over-p old-value) nil)))
   (when new-value
     (with-integrity (:change 'mview-gained)
       (trc "mouseover gained by" new-value (window-cache new-value))
       (setf (mouse-over-p new-value) t)))
   .retog.)  ;; <<<<<<<<<<< -  Added .retog. to trigger display
update - needed to reflect mouse-over-p change

Thx again for pointing me in the right direction, Kenny!

Frank