[cells-devel] Cello: ^mouse-over-p not firing ...

Frank Goenninger frgo at mac.com
Tue Sep 4 18:08:00 UTC 2007

Hi Kenny,

once again a question concerning Cello:

I'd like to know when the mouse pointer is over a certain Cello
Widget to do things like changing a button's text color or displaying
tooltips or ...

I searched Cello code and found ^mouse-over-p to be coded as part of
the mouse-view-tracker model. The class is part of the superclasses
of ix-togl of which gnc-togl is derived. Unfortunately the mouse-over-
p slot always indicates only the "top1" instance to be the object
where the mouse pointer is (all this in flle ix-togl.lisp).

The code calls find-ix-under and mouseview-control indicating that
the widget's class has to have the control class in its superclass
list ...

So, question is: How to actually detect that a certain object has the
mouse pointer over it?

If you still can remember  ... ;-)

Thx!

Frank