[cells-devel] Re: Hacking the gtk-ffi

Andy Chambers achambers.home at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 28 23:50:19 UTC 2007

On 10/29/07, Andy Chambers <achambers.home at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What are all the things you need to do to add support for a property
> on a widget.  I'm trying to add the "headers-visible" property to the
> tree-view widget.  Here is what I did....
>
>   - added the symbol headers-visible to the gtk-slots list in the
> widget specfication
>   - added the form below to "def-gtk-lib-functions"
>   - made an app with a listbox using that option
>
> (gtk-tree-view-set-headers-visible :void
>                                      ((tree-view :pointer)
>                                       (visible :gtk-boolean)))
>
> I ran the app with debug on but didn't see any calls to the c
> function.  Is there something else you need to do?  Any general tips
> on debugging cells/gtk apps are also welcome.

OK.  I think I know why its not working.  The ffi call never gets made
because cells only uses it if either the new or old value is not nil.
Looking further into it, the editable slot on the entry widget seems
to have the same problem.  Does anyone successfully make entry widgets
non-editable?

Cheers,
Andy