[cells-devel] Celtk: Listbox again: new-value does not get propagated ... Or so it seems ; -) ?!

Frank Goenninger frgo at mac.com
Mon Nov 19 22:21:38 UTC 2007

Kenny, all:

I have still the Listbox problem of not getting a new-value from the
listbox after selecting an item. I was able to track it down to the
following function in file widget.lisp:

(defmethod tk-output-selection (self new-value old-value old-value-
boundp)
   (declare (ignorable old-value old-value-boundp))
   (trc "widget.lisp: selection output" self old-value new-value)
   (when new-value
     (with-integrity (:client `(:variable ,self))
       (let ((v$ (if (stringp new-value) ;; just going slow on
switching over to C API before changing tk-send-value
                     new-value
                     (tk-send-value new-value))))
         (tcl-set-var *tki* (tk-variable self) v$ (var-flags :tcl-
namespace-only))))))

I do get the following line as debug output:

0>  81 widget.lisp: selection output pm-list nil 25681408

So, yeah, there it is: the value of pm-list is changing from NIL to a
cffi pointer address. My cell rule (c? (value (fm-other :pm-list)))
does not fire ...

How should I enable some more debugging ?

Thanks!

Frank