[cells-devel] Celtk: Labels no more sunken or raised ... Tile side-effect ?

Frank Goenninger frgo at mac.com
Fri Nov 16 18:37:03 UTC 2007

Hi all:

I found some strange effect ... I can't seem to get :relief 'sunken
make my label really sunken...

  (mk-label :text
                      (c? (let ((fw-filename (fm^v :choose-fw-file-
btn)))
                         (or fw-filename
                               "")))
             :parent-x 210
             :parent-y 340
             :width 30
             :borderwidth 1
             :relief 'sunken
             :tile? nil)

When browsing through the code in Celtk I found very few places with
Tile dependency only. The most complex being:

(defgeneric tk-class-options (self)
   (:method-combination append)
   (:method :around (self)
     (or (get (type-of self) 'tk-class-options)
              (setf (get (type-of self) 'tk-class-options)
                (loop with all = (remove-duplicates (call-next-
method) :key 'second)
                      for old in (when (tile? self)
                                   (case (type-of self)
                                     (label '(pady padx height
indicatoron relief tk-label))
                                     (otherwise '(pady padx #+hmmm
height indicatoron relief tk-label))));;
                      do (setf old (delete old all :key 'car))
                      finally (return all))))))

.. which does what exactly? I see there's a (when (tile? self) in
there ... but what if no Tile is loaded? Sorry, random poking here,
clearly, but I can't find what I do different than 10 months ago when
last working with Celtk ...

Thanks for any insight!

Frank