[cells-devel] celtk expander

Andy Chambers achambers.home at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 8 15:15:24 UTC 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 2:20 PM, Ken <kennytilton at optonline.net> wrote:
> Andy Chambers wrote:
> > On Nov 7, 2007 5:56 PM, Ken Tilton <kennytilton at optonline.net> wrote:

> > OK I've got it working nicely now.
> Cool. You are now certified for Cells /and/ Tk. :)
> >   It's mostly the same as I
> > previously posted except the expansion is specified more like a
> > row/stack widget (i.e. you don't have to use :expansion you just put
> > in the widgets).  The specified expansion together with the expander
> > button all remain as kids for the life of the widget and an observer
> > on the expanded slot packs/unpacks as necessary.
> >
> You had to do your own? I am just wondering if the existing "packing"
> rule had done reasonable things with the visible/collapsed slots.

There's a kids-packing rule for the frame widgets but it doesn't know
about visible or collapsed slots.  In fact, I'm pretty sure celtk
doesn't know anything about these.  The only reference I could find to
either was in the gui-geometry bit of cells which doesn't seem to be
used by celtk.  Grepping through Celtk for either "visible" or
"collapse" yields nothing.  Maybe this is another celloism?

I was thinking about this though as a further change.  We could add a
visible slot to tk-object and the kids-packing rule could check it
while creating its pack statement.  I'll get the expander finished
first though.  Just need to draw the bitmaps on the buttons.

Thanks for all your help.

Andy