[cells-devel] celtk expander

Ken Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Wed Nov 7 17:56:15 UTC 2007

Andy Chambers wrote:
> On 11/6/07, Ken Tilton <kennytilton at optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>Andy Chambers wrote:
>>
>>>On 11/6/07, Ken Tilton <kennytilton at optonline.net> wrote:
>

>>Hmmpph. Too bad Tk does not know about that, we have to unpack and then
>>repack, no simple "visible" flag.
>>

>>>So I think that setting the visible attribute is the way to go.
>>
>>OK. Don't forget :collapsed (c? (not (^visible))) if that is what you
>>want. (I /think/ collapsed works in the Tk bit.)
>

> grepping the Celtk source, I can't find anything about collapsed
> (although it does appear in the cells geometer class.  I can't find
> anything in the tk docs about collapse either.  Should I inherit from
> the geometer class itself to get this or am I missing the point
> entirely.

Hmmm, come to think of it, if you are doing vanilla Celtk (not Cello)
collapsed might not apply. I /think/ simply making, say, the middle
widget of three invisible would cause it to be unpacked (there being no
way to say "invisible" in Tk) and then packing would scrunch the ends
together simply because there would be no middle.

Sorru for the headfake.