[cells-devel] Installation handholding required (only a little :-))

jan jan.marecek at gmail.com
Wed May 30 02:59:54 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 08:22, Andy Chambers wrote:

>   Howver, when I try
> (ctk::tk-test), I get "Unable to load foreign library: libtcl.so".
> This file doesn't seem to belong to any debian package.

You can work around this by creating a symlink

eg. first find which version of tcl is installed
$ ls /usr/lib/libtcl*
/usr/lib/libtcl8.4.so.0

then as root create a symlink
$ ln -s /usr/lib/libtcl8.4.so.0 /usr/lib/libtcl.so

The proper solution is for the shared library loader to find
the file itself, I'm working on a fix this.

--
jan