[cells-devel] Re: question about cells

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 17:35:59 UTC 2006

On 6/7/06, Lars Rune Nøstdal <larsnostdal at gmail.com> wrote:

> i keep getting this:
>
>   (setf md-slot-value)> cellular slot value of #<InputText {B079EC9}>
> cannot be setf unless initialized as inputp
>
> if i've understood this message correctly; it means that i'm trying to
> setf a slot with `:initform (c? ...)' ..

No, that should give you a different error saying you cannot SETF a /ruled/
slot, but I just checked to get the text of that error (and tested for it)
and am rather astounded to see that that discipline is no longer enforced. I
will have to investigate. :)

The error you are getting means the slot has been initialized to some plain
Lisp value such as NIL or "Hello world", without any Cell wrapper as one
would get with c-in or c-input or any of the macros to generate ruled Cells.
Which means....

but the slot i'm having
> trouble with resides in a superclass of `InputText' and is defined
> like this:
>
> ..
> (value :accessor value-of :initarg :value
>           :initform (c-in ""))

This initform (which is fine) has been overridden at make-instance time with
something like:

     :value "Test"

hth, kenny