[cells-devel] Re: web applications with Cells

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 19:50:30 UTC 2006

On 7/15/06, Andrew K. Wolven <awolven at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Anyway,
> >> I have made my own javascript-windows-in-a-browser (that look like M$),
> >> and
> >> then I found a much better javascript object-oriented window system which
> >> can do Mac OS X looking windows among other things.
> >
> > Nice, what is that system?
>
> http://www.prototype-window.xilinus.com/

cool. thanks.

> > Why do you want it to be lazy? And your sentence is confusing. "Lazy"
> > would not be inefficient, it would make things harder to program.
> > Puzzled.
> >
> > kt
>
> Because a javascript object in the browser would tell a lazy evaluation
> system on the server to make it's attributes "stale", but the server would
> do no action to update the other javascript object (with those persistent
> http connections).  The other javascript objects would have to demand a
> value from the server, but they don't know that they are supposed to.  So
> the browser update would never happen.

I understand. Lazy works only in certain application roles, and this
requirement sounds the opposite: eagerly bring a second view current
with the first.

Why are you considering laziness at all?

kt

ps. Did your subscription go through? After I subscribed you I got the
announcement from the software that you had been subscribed, so that
much worked. k