[cells-devel] Cells III Call for Abuse <g>

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Feb 22 04:52:27 UTC 2006

Thomas Burdick has been pushing the envelope on Cells lately, and it
turns out to have been A Good Thing. I am not sure we can call this
Cells III, but I hate those namby-pambies who go up by hundredths of a
version, so what the heck. :) And as I fix up the stuff Thomas managed
to break, turns out the code is getting even simpler and more efficient.
Always nice.

I do not expect much response -- one really has to have thought about
Cells internals -- but it cannot hurt to ask. The deal is this:

I am anxious to have any test code folks think will break Cells.
Especially challenging is a def-c-output SETF of a c-input mediated
Cell, or a dependent Cell that recalculates its KIDS slot, or a
combination wherein the output setf triggers a kids recalc /and/ the new
kids have cells with rules that look for each other by name and then use
ruled slots of each other. <gasp>

Anyway, this is my problem, just thought I would see if there is someone
out there who takes diabolical pleasure from breaking code. :)

Peace, ken