[cells-devel] Call for Cells Regression Test Suite Additions

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Sun May 23 23:30:06 UTC 2004

Kenny Tilton writes:
 > This is mostly for Thomas who is actually using a couple of features I
 > have added to Keep Other People Happy, but I thought the list would be
 > interested...

Just a plug for lazy rules -- they're really nice when you're using
any kind of IPC.  Unnecessary network traffic and round trips to the
database are bad bad, evil, and bad.

 > Anyway, it occurs to me the regression test does not include any
 > checking of either lazy cells or unbounditude handling. Speaking of
 > laziness, I probably will not do tests for those on my own, so if you
 > would like Cells II tested out before release for either of those please
 > send along some tests. It would be nice if they worked via cv-assert.
 > Note that in some places I also confirm that an error is produced on
 > deliberate no-nos. You might want to do some of that, too.

I've been a little low on hacking time recently, and have been
spending it on Unix IPC examples for comp.lang.lisp, and putting
together a well made patch for Araneida (the efforts are related).
RTs for unbound cells and laziness are next.  In fact, I think a
couple tests in the suite for the last app I wrote would be applicable.