[cells-devel] A shocking proposal

jan janmar at iprimus.com.au
Tue Nov 11 04:02:50 UTC 2003

Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> writes:

> That will be a lot more fun than text-based tutorials like
> 01-cell-basics.lisp. Oh, speaking of which, did you all also find
> Bill Clementson's Cells write-up?:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~bc19191/2003_09_07_bill-clementson_archive.html

I think the sample run could have been better designed, it would have
been more clear if the temperature dropped enough to turn the motor
back on.

As it is, I had to look closely and do the math in my head to see that
the motor stayed off when the temperature dropped below 100 because of
the synapse sensitivity.

Perhaps something like this would be better

(setf (temp *motor1*) 99.8)

;; on each iteration the motor heats up if it's on
;; or cools down if it's off
(loop :repeat 10
      :do (if (eq (status *motor1*) :on)
	    (incf (temp *motor1*) 0.06)
	    (decf (temp *motor1*) 0.03)))

Just my 2c, incase you planning on using the same example.

--
jan