[cello-devel] Compiling

Seth Burleigh seth at tewebs.com
Fri May 28 23:58:00 UTC 2010

Ive got the code for cello. Im attempting to get cl-opengl working.

Ive hade some problems. First,

(1) When loading libgl.so and libglu.so , it has some weird directory
under which it expects libgl and libglu to be under, on unix. I cant
imagine why this is in there since in linux operating systems the
libraries are installed in a standard location. I replaced it with
cffi:load-foreign-library "libGL.so",etc.

(2) Now, I get

Execution of a form compiled with errors.
Form:
  (DEFUN-FFX INT
    glut
    glutCreateWindow
    (CSTRING TITLE))
Compile-time error:
  (during macroexpansion of (DEFUN-FFX :INT
    ...))
Don't know how to cast CSTRING
   [Condition of type SB-INT:COMPILED-PROGRAM-ERROR]

Anyone know how to fix this, im on sbcl 1.0.38 on ubuntu.

So, question is what is the state of this code? Some of it, like cells
and its dependencies, has a bias towards allegro. For example, it
depends on the mop package which is easily fixed by requiring closer-mop
and adding mop as a nickname. Not exactly an easy fix if you didn't know
about closer-mop, i.e. were a newcomer.

But anyways, I guess my point is that some of these are easy to fix,
some perhaps not so. And since i know others have gotten this to work,
why hasn't there been an upgrade of the source code?