[cello-devel] Compiling

Kenneth Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 03:10:07 UTC 2010

Seth Burleigh wrote:
> K, fixed that. I'll retire for today,  but apparently the problem is
> that you were defining a macro which ended up like this
> (defmacro |mk-ARC| ...)
> and when you try to normally use the macro, its looking for MK-ARC, not
> mk-ARC.

Aha. You have Modern mode Allegro CL? The trial edition? Any place you
see me assembling a string and then interning it, look out! There will
often be a string-upcase there, or some assumption about the case of
symbol-name, or something like that.

I'll take a look at the macro.

> Getting closer :)

Yep, this is how it goes, step by silly step, symbols, packages, ASDF
sucks...

> Are there any specific versions of the tk library that i have to use
> (and also the freetype?)

Anything current on Tk is good.

I actually figured out Cello was not really using cl-freetype any more
when porting it to OS X recently (which came up short on one of the fonts).

kt