[cello-devel] State of Cello?

Kenny Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Sun Oct 12 15:28:05 UTC 2008

Oisín Mac Fhearaí wrote:
> The lack of response to David's question since June is a bit
> disappointing, since Cello looks like a really promising project, and
> just what a CL newbie like myself needs.
>
> I'd like to hear from anyone currently using/working on Cello, that
> also perhaps knows where the source code is now? Has the CVS site
> moved or is it just down?

Hi, Oisin.

Cello is alive and well on my desktop and in this Windows (and hopefully
soon OS X) application: http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

I do not see much mail on cello-devel, more on cells-devel.

Cello is a tough project for noobs, mostly because of assembling all the
libraries and getting them built on non-windows platforms. It can take days.

I just checked common-lisp.net and the CVS repositories seem to be
inaccessible at the moment, but it sould be here:

    common-lisp.net:/project/cello/cvsroot

I was able to do a Cells commit last night so hopefully it is just
temporary.

Me, I am getting more interested in Web2.0 these days, but I sure did
have fun with OpenGL and OpenAL. OpenGL especially was a blast.

If you just need a GUI, Cells-Gtk or Celtk might be easier installs.

hth, kenny