[cello-devel] Cells 2.0 release candidate

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Apr 27 11:40:28 UTC 2005

I've put a release candidate for Cells up here:

  http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~tfb/cells_2.0.tar.gz

Before I put it up on c-l.net, change the Cliki link, and make noise
about it, I'd appreciate it if other Cells users would confirm that it
works for them.  Particularly users of Cello and Cells-Gtk, which I
don't use.

The differences from what's in CVS are mostly organizational: I moved
utils-kt into the cells directory, rearranged the locations of a
couple files, and removed the unused profile code.  I replaced
defconstant-once (in utils-kt) with a better define-constant that
DoesWIM, and I think what Kenny means, too, based on the evidence of
his code.  I also changed the one use of defconstant to use
define-constant, and now everything builds cleanly again on SBCL.  I
think this should all be uncontroversial.

If this works for everybody, I'll paste together a README file from
the various candidates in cell-cultures, and release this weekend.

Kenny: this tarball looks to me like a good way of organizing cells in
CVS, so if you agree, you can just check this in to have a
freed-from-cell-cultures cells.  Otherwise, you can figure it out,
this works for a release anyhow.