[cello-devel] Porters' Alert! Freeglut hack (and IM6 now OK--almost)

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sun Mar 21 23:46:44 UTC 2004

Yikes, thinking it would be smart to make things especially hard and
upgrade two libraries at the same time, I also did that update to
Freeglut which fixed the CPU issue.

But then I got reminded of something: to make things work with the Lisp
iterative work style (within one long process) for some reason (long ago
and forgotten) I ended up exposing the internal fgDeinitialize function
so I could call it from Lisp.

I am trying to see if they have fixed things well enough that Cello
(actually, cl-opengl) can do without that, because it would be nice to
go with virgin projects.

Speaking of which, the last time I updated the source did not even
include the necessary .def file.  Now the source does include the .def,
but it is not in the VC++ dsw file! One step at a time. Anyway, win32
users have to add that under the source subdirectory in the file view of
the project and rebuild or Lisp will report any given glut function as
unloaded.

Getting back to fgDeinitialize, I will update everyone when I have that
sorted out, but I wanted to give a quick heads up to anyone who might be
struggling with that in the meantime.

Did I mention here that IM6 is doing much better now? It was some
configuration error. Never found out what, just reinstalled (just
binaries, and using their installer) and it went away. But now I want to
see if I can build from scratch. If not, I think I better punt on this
and get on with the scrolling and other widgets.

kt

"Live by the library, die by the library." -- Anon.

--
Home? http://tilton-technology.com
Cells? http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/