[cello-devel] Success ! See my screenshots!

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Mar 10 20:21:33 UTC 2004

Kenny Tilton writes:

 > Frank Goenninger wrote:
 >
 > >Hi all:
 > >
 > >I wanted to let you know that this is the first time I really have a
 > >running CELLO (based on PortaCello 2.0) with animation and all...
 > >
 > Fantastic. Thanks so much for pulling this off. Did the light-panel demo
 > work? That does not challenge the system further (famous last words) but
 > it is fun. I plan to show it off at the Lisp NYC meeting tonight.
 >
 > Did you run into any nasty technical problems? I am sure the hard-coded
 > paths and fonts continue to be an aggravation. Thomas mentioned he had
 > moved that stuff into a config file, which would certainly help by
 > giving folks one place to go to make changes. A nice enhancement on top
 > of that would be to tackle the insane world of logical pathnames so that
 > the config file has a bare minimum of entries. But logicals would be
 > gravy and maybe not worth the pain and suffering.

Nope, logical pathnames won't work.  Dan Barlow has a nice rant on the
subject here:

  http://ww.telent.net/diary/2002/8/#26.82823

To summarize:

  (translate-logical-pathname #p"lib:libGL.dynlib")
    => #p"/usr/X11R6/lib/libgl.dynlyb"