[cello-devel] Re: fm^: Fixed. Now full suite of demos running!

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Mar 10 17:22:37 UTC 2004

Frank Goenninger wrote:

>Yes, Sir. Of course, Sir. :) Promised. Not much of anything new to show
>from now on anyway.
>
>How about some place on the FTP directory? Are we non-admins allowed to
>upload thereto?

I'll send an email to cl.net shortly and have them make you an admin for
the cells/cello projects. Then you can post huge articles to the list
and reject them yourself. :)

I fired up portacello to see about testing freeglut hoggishness. Do two
things:

(1) change the :display-continuous default to nil (hmm. not sure it
isn't already--anyway, just make sure you are not somehow creating
windows with that set to T (or just hack the code mercilessly to defeat
the (glut-post-redisplay))

(2)  in the function cello-demo, change the "start-at" argument to
cloucell. you can't just switch to cloucell after starting with tu-geo,
because once that gets created it (buggily) thinks it still needs to
worry about screen refreshes).

That should halt the app-driven cpu hogging. You might be able to
confirm this by watching the console, since I think thre is at least one
print statement in the redisplay handler.

At this point CPU hogging should stop, unless Freeglu/X11 also has some
issue.

kt