[cello-devel] High CPU load also on Linux!

Frank Goenninger frank_goenninger at t-online.de
Wed Mar 10 12:16:17 UTC 2004

Hi all:

Now that the demos are all running it's about time to tackle the more
inner problems.

One of those is that the CPU is about 90% tied to the one process of
lisp running any one of the demos. So even if there is no animation
on the screen (as in Cloucell or ft-test) then I see the high load.

As the main routine is the GLUT Main Loop it seems as if we have an
"active wait" (read: polling) for events coming in (mouse movement,
click, etc).

I did not yet check what get's called within GLUT Main Loop.

Any ideas already on that topic?

Regards,
  Frank