[cello-devel] Weird "Illegal argument to namestring: NIL" error...

Frank Goenninger frank_goenninger at t-online.de
Sun Mar 7 22:04:03 UTC 2004

Hi all:

Almost back to where I was, but now with PortaCello 2.0. I get the
following error:

0> demos | :=> (FT-JPG)
Error: Illegal argument to namestring: NIL.
  [condition type: TYPE-ERROR]

The top of the stack is:

Evaluation stack:

   (ERROR TYPE-ERROR :DATUM ...)
 ->(NAMESTRING NIL)
   (MGK:WAND-ENSURE-TYPED MGK:WAND-PIXELS NIL)
   ((:INTERNAL (:INTERNAL CLO::CELLO-TEST 0) 0) [dep:<unb>=SKIN/DEMO-W])

I can trace this down to the fact that the function
`mgk:wand-ensure-typed# shouldn't be called with NIL as filename
parameter. Question now is: where does this go wrong???

Thx for any hints!

Regards,
  Frank