[cello-devel] Re: Cello

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sat Mar 6 16:08:35 UTC 2004

Thomas F. Burdick wrote:

>There should be some time coming up, between finding an apartment and
>starting my next contract, where I can work on Cello porting.  I'm
>pretty good with low level CMUCL/SBCL details, so I'll gladly help
>anyone doing CMUCL/SBCL work with Cello, even when I don't have
>typing/hacking time for it myself.

Thx, Thomas. Gee, given that ACL and Lispworks and win32 and X11 have seen Cello ports, and that cmucl/sbcl/clisp/corman are getting up to speed on callbacks and CLOS, and that OS X has a not one but two Gluts and is an X at heart, heck, Cello could be universal in pretty short order. I think my best contribution is "mo better widgets" and resulting announcements/screen shots to draw in more hands.

I'll try to toss of the scrolling family (panes, bars, aggregates thereof) today and enhance Cloucell so we can see all the slots of fat classes.

Hey, when/how do we merge efforts? I have massively refactored (Zip (still unsigned) on FTP) and have now continued with a little more of that as well as adding more stupid OpenGL tricks. Frank has a prior release fixed up for ACL+Linux. Thomas has a refactoring for SBCL+OS X... I guess since you do not have much time you should just ignore the rest of our code and see if what you have can be made to run, worry about merging later. But what if one of the bug fixes in Portacello2 is what is holding you back?

kt

--
http://tilton-technology.com