[cello-devel] Hello, anybody there already?

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sat Feb 28 20:01:37 UTC 2004

I'm here, back on the re-factoring job after some time on Lisp + music.

Going well, just got cl-magick working again. I now have separate,
standalone sub-systems:

cl-opengl
cl-ftgl
cl-magick (still a little cleaning here)
cello-glut (widgets, but no magick and only glut fonts)
cello-ftgl (cello-glut + cl-ftgl)
cello-magick (not sure if I want to bother with this one)
...and then:
cello (the whole shooting match)

And as admin I do see folks signing up including the porters. Just gotta
get this clean-up done. I lost a bit of time on cl-ftgl when I could not
work out why I had to re-init the dll on each run. (Or at least it
seemed that way.) Not that that is the end of the world, but it did not
seem right so I killed almost a day on that. In fact I am now seeing
something similar with cl-magick: images work once, then not again. Mind
you, I have this caching scheme for both fonts and wands so I think I
have just botched things or don't understand dlls that well and have
introduced some nasty interactions. I am kinda punting once I get
anything working with whatever kludges, leaving better solution to
another day.

I do like the refactoring and I think things should be heating up now
that you have scored an X11 port, so it was a good time for this.

I gotta take a break now and get some exercise and I have a social
engagement this evening, but I should be back on the job later tonight
and might get out Portacello 2.0 before retiring.

cheers, kenny