[cello-devel] scroller

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Thu Apr 8 04:14:55 UTC 2004

Check it out:

   ftp://common-lisp.net/pub/project/cello/screenshots/scroller.jpg

Do I know how to make friends, or what?

Mind you, the surrounding skin is a pane in which the scroller is
embedded, so you are actually looking at a precursor to my next project,
the "file open" dialog. but if you look closely you'll see the scroller
inherits its skin from that pane.

 Really, anything cosmetic in Cello is easily overridden, tho scrollers
are tricky because they are deep things to parameterize: the thumb parts
are children of the slider, in turn a child of the scroll bar which is a
child of the scroller.

What you cannot see is that it all works pretty well. That scroller is
specified as Resizeable, so you can so so and watch the scroll thumbs
change size on the fly. clicking above or below the thumb now correctlt
moves just a page. oops, which reminds me, I have to implement the
feature which says that holding after the click makes the scroller
scroll by pages until the mouse is released, albeit after waiting
double-click time. this should be easy since I had it working nicely for
the stepper arrows until god-knows-what-I-did ... just noticed that
stopped working at some point.

yours truly now knows much more than he did a couple of weeks ago about
OpenGL. The scroller was about three days work, and I have been working
furiously the whole time (with breaks for cll, speaking of which, how am
I gonna break that screen shot to my buddies on the McClim team? <g>)

kt

--
Home? http://tilton-technology.com
Cells? http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/