[cello-devel] scrolling in da house

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Apr 3 20:55:03 UTC 2004

Kenny Tilton writes:

 > Frank Goenninger wrote:
 >
 > >Anyone needing a specific feature of Cells-standalone that wasn't
 > >implemented in Cells-in-Cello is in trouble then...
 >
 > ? I am talking about zapping (eliminating) Cells-standalone altogether,
 > for all time.
 >
 > I was thinking CVS would probably (I have not yet learned it) allow
 > someone just interested in Cells to just track that one tree (we would
 > make sure there was one self-contained Cells sub-tree).
 >
 > Am I wrong? Would CVS not allow that, forcing someone just interested in
 > Cells to grab all of Cello?

So, you're thinking of zapping Cells-standalone as a seperate project,
but still distributing it as a standalone package, from the Cello
project?  As in, I can grab cells-1.2.5.tar.gz from the Cello download
area?  That's cool, then.

 > Or is the problem that ASDF-INSTALL will not function as I am
 > fantasizing here?
 >
 > Or is the problem that people like me who Just Want a Tarball are screwed?

asdf-install downloads tarballs, it doesn't check things out of cvs.
Plus, there are people like you who have/had cvs-phobia, and like me,
who generally avoid checking source out of cvs because I prefer to use
a Real Release if possible.  As long as you make periodic releases of
Cells, in tarball form, it's all good.