[cdr-discuss] file-local variables

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Tue Apr 26 11:31:39 UTC 2011

Nikodemus Siivola wrote:

> So the idea is that users can do
>
>  (defpackage :foo
>    (:import-from :cl #+sbcl sb-ext :acl :excl #+ccl :ccl
> #:make-variable-file-local))
>
> and then have FOO::MAKE-VARIABLE-FILE-LOCAL mean the same thing across
> implementations?

  Yeah. This is something one needs to do in several occasions already
(for instance to get MOP functions from packages named differently
across implementations) and I don't think it's such a big deal.

But still, you raised an interesting and more general idea, which is to
decide on a general mechanism for supporting/advertizing CDR features.
This could be worth a discussion in another thread maybe.

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com