[cdr-discuss] file-local variables

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Tue Apr 26 09:30:18 UTC 2011

On 26 April 2011 11:34, Didier Verna <didier at lrde.epita.fr> wrote:

> I'm just providing the first version in text form for easy quoting.
> Comments welcome.

A mechanism like this would make many things easier.

While ASDF can do this trivially, in order for vendor support to be
nice for everyone involved, a two things need to be addressed:

1. Should *FEATURES* identify support for this? Maybe :FILE-LOCAL-VARIABLES?

2. What package does MAKE-VARIABLE-FILE-LOCAL reside in? I have a
controversial suggestion. COMMON-LISP-EXTENSIONS, aka CL-EXT. CDR-EXT
or CDR-11 are less controversial alternatives.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus