Boston Lisp in November

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 21:25:29 UTC 2017

Dear Boston Lispers,

are you still meeting once in a while? Who's the best person to
organize a meeting? At MIT? At NorthEastern? At Harvard? At
$BIG_COMPANY?

I'd like to come in November and give a talk. Potential topics:

* First-Class Implementations — my resurrected PhD thesis, same topic
I presented at BostonHaskell in May 2016, with updates.
* Better Stories, Better Languages + Software Creationism vs Software
Evolutionism — topics I presented many times in the past, recently
improved for LambdaConf 2017 and Salon des Refusés 2017.
* ASDF 3.3 and/or Bazelisp — if the public is mostly Common Lispers,
they might want to hear about CL build systems.
* Gerbil Scheme — vyzo's recently open-sourced Scheme implementation,
that I have adopted, which has Racket-like macros and modules on top
of Gambit, plus actors, objects, etc.

My schedule is somewhat flexible, so first, let's find an organizer.

When politics are used to allocate resources, the resources all end up being
allocated to politics. — P.J. O'Rourke