Get-together this week?

Alex Plotnick shrike at netaxs.com
Tue Jul 30 13:12:03 UTC 2013

At or around Mon, 29 Jul 2013 12:02:16 -0400, Zach Beane said:

> I'm in town this week, is there any interest in getting together for an
> informal dinner on, say, Wednesday night?

I can't speak for others, but I don't think I can make it tomorrow (Wed.).
But I have been arranging for a talk, which looks like it's going to be
next week (probably Thursday).

It's been suggested that we should perhaps just meet once a month on a
set day (the nth foo-day of the month), regardless of whether a formal
talk has been arranged. If there's no talk, then we could do tutorials,
lightning talks, informal sharing of recent cool hacks, or just dinner.
We haven't used this model in the past, but the idea has been growing
on me. What do other people think?

	-- Alex