[boston-lisp] Next Meeting: 2012-11-20 at Google, Huang Jianshi

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 05:42:34 UTC 2012

Dear Boston Lispers,

our next meeting will be on November 20, at a new location,
at Google at 3 Cambridge Center next to Kendall Square Station.

Jianshi Huang who is visiting from the West Coast
will talk about his experience with Lisp in China, Japan, Chile
and now in a US startup. I'm discussing specifics right now.

Marc Battyani and I will probably give a quick summary of our impressions
of ILC'2012 in Kyoto last October (Marc, are you OK with it?)

Other lightning talkers are welcome to join in, either by contacting
me in advance
or volunteering on the spot.

I'll issue an official announcement when I have all the details.

Incidentally, at ILC, I was suckered into joining the board of the ALU,
together with SANO Masatoshi, Robert "Quadrescence" Smith and Marc Spitzer,
replacing EvW, KH, DR, JJ who retired. I also started an initiative to
consolidate CL libraries, see http://fare.livejournal.com/169346.html

BTW, Marc are you still up for giving a talk? What about December 18th or 19th?

I'm always looking for speakers for next year. Any one up to it?
Is there someone I should be inviting from the area?

NB: Tuesday is rumored to gather more attendance, but the downside is that
Mary Chung is closed on Tuesdays. And I don't think we're going to get
corporate sponsorship for the food, at least not this time. So we'll have to
find another place for food. Probably CBC.

Director is a misnomer. You're a hoper. You put all these people together and
you hope it all works out.  — Frank Oz, director of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels"