[boston-lisp] Boston Lisp Meeting THIS MONDAY March 31st

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 01:45:06 UTC 2008

Next Boston Lisp Meeting: Monday March 31st 2008, 6pm at MIT 34-401B

PLEASE REGISTER FOR FOOD!
ITA Software has kindly offered to sponsor a dinner for our Monthly
Boston Lisp Meeting. Please send mail directly to me fare at tunes
(dot org) with list of attendees so I may order the correct amount of
food. No registration, no food.

Alexey Radul will speak about What I hate most about Scheme and what
I'm doing about it. Alexey
Radul is a graduate student at MIT. He uses the Scheme programming
language, for which he has written an extension for probabilistic
programming.

Rahul Jain will present DefDoc. DefDoc is a lisp-based document
description and processing system. Both macros and object-orientation
are available so that the description of a document can be focused as
much as possible on content and structure. Rahul Jain is a New York
based consultant who programs in Common Lisp for fun and profit.

The Lisp Meeting with take place at MIT, room 34-401B. As the numbers
indicate, this is in Building 34, on the 4th floor.

MIT map: http://whereis.mit.edu/bin/map?selection=34

Google map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=50+Vassar+St,+Cambridge,+MA+02139,+USA

PS: The previous Boston Lisp Meeting on March 3rd was a big success,
with about 40 attendants. Thanks a lot to all those who came. I hope
we'll meet again and have more of those interesting conversations.

PPS: We're more than ever looking for speakers. We have a lot of
potential speakers, but few confirmed speakers at scheduled dates. The
call for speakers and all the other details are at <
http://fare.livejournal.com/120393.html >.

Please forward this message to any interested party. Please accept
apologies for multiple copies received.

To authorize all commercial relations between consenting adults.