[boston-lisp] Next Boston Lisp Meeting: Wednesday June 25th 2008, 6pm at NEU Shillman Hall Room 135

rob levy r.p.levy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 14:57:01 UTC 2008

> The previous Boston Lisp Meeting on May 28th was a success despite
> only 34 participants. Those who didn't come missed two very
> interesting talks. I welcome email suggestions for things that will
> make you come: maybe shorter sessions with only one speaker? In any
> case, many thanks to all those who came.

Could be the light rain, or maybe people are intimidated by the high
concentration of elite lisp hackers with their wide-ranging knowledge (just
kidding, maybe).  I find it pretty inspiring and informative to listen to
(and where appropriate, talk with) people whose accomplishments in my
favorite programming language are much greater than anything I have done at
this point.

The quality of the talks has been extremely high, which I assume is due to
the Lisp community in general just being full of people doing interesting
things, and that is because of the language being what it is.

One thing I was thinking about that would be really interesting would be a
talk about Lisp Machines, either by someone who developed some of the
software or hardware, or by someone who just knows a lot about them.  Even
better if it involves a live demonstration of one of the machines.

On a similar note, I'm curious about the various projects to create a kernel
in Lisp and a Lisp OS on top of it.  I don't know if anyone in the Movitz
project lives around here, but if not that then a different Common Lisp or
Scheme OS project by someone local would be interesting.

Thanks & looking forward to more great talks,

Rob