[Bordeaux-threads-devel] patch for thread-wait

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 01:22:11 UTC 2010

Dear bordeaux-threads developers,

I have a patch that adds bt support for thread-wait and
thread-wait-with-timeout, modelled after the process-wait and
process-wait-with-timeout functions sported by several Lisp APIs.

This API should be considered a legacy compatibility API, as these
operations may have made sense long ago on timesharing monoprocessors,
but are necessarily expensive on multiprocessors. Nevertheless, we had
a use for them at ITA, and I threw together this compatibility
support, until we get our code cleaned up.

Please consider this patch for inclusion, though it has only been
lightly tested.

PS: I also have a patch to add XCVB support to bordeaux-threads,
though you might not be interested.

As the Chinese say, 1001 words is worth more than a picture.  — John McCarthy