[armedbear-devel] anonymous inner class in abcl

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Aug 17 07:55:27 UTC 2011

On Aug 16, 2011, at 23:39 , Alessio Stalla wrote:

[…]
> For the first question, there are two operators: jmake-proxy and
> jinterface-implementation. The first is newer and more powerful but
> less documented.

There is [a fairly detailed example of how to use JINTERFACE-IMPLEMENTATION
in an answer on stackoverflow that might aid understanding][1].

[1]: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4785969/can-you-write-a-java-class-with-abcl/4803353#4803353

[…]
> For the second question, there's currently no way to define new Java
> classes in Lisp. Technically it's doable and not particularly hard,
> but nobody did it yet. (ABCL used to support it long time ago). I was
> supposed to look into it some time ago but never found the actual time
> for doing it.

We [have an issue filed][#126] to track the (re)implementation of
this feature, but as Alessio mentioned no one is currently actively
attempting to implement it at this point.  The [source to the old
implementation is actually still present in our source tree][2] but
we would probably rewrite the use of ASM to using our newer JVM
class writing infrastructure so it wouldn't be dependent on additional
jars.

[#126]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/ticket/126
[2]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/browser/trunk/abcl/src/org/armedbear/lisp/runtime-class.lisp

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare to it now."