[xcvb-devel] 0.558 - builds executables on ECL, CMUCL as well SBCL, CCL, CLISP, LispWorks Pro

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 02:02:31 UTC 2011

I managed to make XCVB create executable programs with ECL,
as well as SBCL, CCL, CLISP, LispWorks Pro, CMUCL.
Also well supported, but without the ability to create standalone executables:
Allegro, SCL.

ECL more recent than Dec 23 requires a bug fix that I posted a few
hours ago on the ECL mailing list.

At that point, I'm interested in starting to pitch XCVB
to adventurous Lisp hackers.
Anyone interested in trying and giving me feedback?

The code of XCVB is so compact and decentrally factored that
adding new features like that requires both remarkably little code,
yet code that is remarkably hard to get exactly right.

Many thanks to Peter Keller for his invaluable pair programming.

The fundamental class division in any society is not between rich and poor, or
between farmers and city dwellers, but between tax payers and tax consumers.
        — David Boaz, CATO Institute