[xcvb-devel] Bug/typo

Theam Yong Chew senatorzergling at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 06:22:44 UTC 2010

On 8/9/10, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Theam Yong Chew,
>
> thanks a lot for spotting the typo. I'm (happily) surprised that
> anyone is looking at that code. I thought I was the only user as well
> as the only developer.

I tried xcvb a while back, it was just some tyre-kicking, and not
much came of it because I didn't have specific use cases in mind.
Since then, I have been subscribed to the source repository's
RSS feed (who uses RSS readers for blogs anyway?). I didn't
run your code, but was merely examining your interesting
format string, which was when I noticed the typo. I still
don't understand what ~#[ ... means!

> Are you using XCVB for anything, or considering using it? Are you
> interested in developing it?

I haven't been using it, as I don't have any specific use case.
asdf has been good enough for me, even more so with your
recent improvements.

I have been mulling over efficient cross-compilation (specifically,
for something like parenscript), since I'm using a simple lisp file
for full compilations. Each edit requires a complete, fresh
recompile. This is starting to seem slow to me. I'm not sure if
xcvb is useful for such work though...

Yong.