[xcvb-devel] XCVB 0.346, the getting there slowly edition

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 15:23:49 UTC 2009

Since last week,
* we atomically update FASLs so there will never be a half-written FASL anymore.
* we improved ASDF-DEPENDENCY-GROVEL and the way we use it.
* we fixed the image inheritance logic to minimize creation of pre/post images.
* I found a way to cut down release tarballs to a reasonable size
while keeping full revision history, with git gc.

However, we still haven't finished compiling our ITA projects with
XCVB -- much more crazy EVAL-WHEN debugging than initially imagined.

We're getting there, slowly. While it might take time for anyone but
me to get used to it, I find the internal architecture of XCVB very
agreable to deal with. I also enjoy how CL special variables can help
do in a quick and dirty way what Haskellers do with nicely but quite
painfully with monads.

Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods
have the manners and morals of a spoiled child.
        -- Robert Heinlein, "Time Enough For Love"