[xcvb-devel] XCVB 0.313 in git

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 04:29:31 UTC 2009

Dear XCVB users, if any,

I believe that with the current XCVB 0.313, we have can do all that
the original prototype v0.1 did, and much more: it can dump a Makefile
from a project made of one main BUILD and plenty of ASDF or XCVB
dependencies; it can convert simple ASDF systems to XCVB. It has
features such as generated files, data dependencies, conditional
dependencies, superseding ASDFs (for incremental migration),
autodetecting CFASL support, etc. It has what I hope is a sensible
command-line interface, which is partly self-documenting.

I you are interested in creating Lisp images and/or executables from
large Lisp projects, and are adventurous, we invite you to try out
XCVB (after you did some proper backups and/or branching) and send us
your questions and/or feedback so we may improve it further.

We have already converted many systems from ASDF to XCVB. Some work
great automatically, others require manual tweaking before and/or
after or instead of the automatic conversion. closer-mop, cl-unicode,
alexandria, were notable offenders. Contact us if you're having
trouble -- chances are we already have a solution.

Finally, if you want to participate, our TODO document lists plenty of
ways that you could get started on XCVB and be useful.

Enjoy!

If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? -- Mark Twain