[vial-devel] Flexichain and Cursorchain

Brad Beveridge brad.beveridge at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 23:33:17 UTC 2006

If it's not nailed down, steal it.  That's my motto.  Vial originally
started life as a fun way to learn Common Lisp, which meant doing some
stuff myself that maybe I shouldn't have.
Particularly the buffer stuff.
It might be worthwhile moving to Flexichain
(http://common-lisp.net/project/flexichain/), which is the underlying
implementation that Climacs uses for buffer management.

I'm going to look at it harder tonight, and if I do decide to change
then it will probably mean big changes for Vial's internal code - but
probably changes that clean the code up quite a bit.
If we do move to flexichain, the first step will be to abstract out
all the code that currently plays with the internals of buffer or
cursor objects, then re-implement those functions using Flexichain.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Brad