[vial-devel] darcs patch: normal mode commands, cc, c<motion>, s, S, -, +, J, X

Brad Beveridge brad.beveridge at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 16:36:44 UTC 2006

I've just had a quick read of the patch, here are some comments:
delete-previous-char: if you look at the primitive DELETE-CHARS
function, there is an option to delete to the left or the right of the
cursor.

It looks like we do a lot of moving the cursor by one line, lets make
a new function to advance/retreat by a line and put it in cursor.lisp.
 See this Emacs reference page for ideas for function names
http://www.cse.huji.ac.il/support/emacs/elisp-help/elisp-manref/elisp_30.html#SEC478

I don't like reusing other commands inside commands, ie in
change-region.  What we should do is create a DELETE-REGION function,
and have command-d-motion and change-region call that.  Same for
subst-char, I'd rather use the primitive (DELETE-CHARS), we may want
to change/remove COMMAND-X later.

Really good, probably I'm going to have to become more disiplined in
how I code now though :)  I can easily see myself writing exactly what
you did :)

If you want to send another patch (don't bother unrecording, just add
to it) feel free, otherwise I'll make the changes when I roll it in.

Cheers
Brad