[hunchentoot-devel] Calculating size of the uploaded file

Andrei Stebakov lispercat at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:04:52 UTC 2012

Hi

It's been discussed before (even prior Hunchentoot 1.0.0) that there
has to be some way to allow the developer to calculate size of the
file being uploaded and act upon that (maybe cancel the upload if the
file is too big).
Before I did it using a hack into parse-multipart-form-data function
where I provided a callback to my own function which calculated the
size of (header-in :content-length request) and if it was too big,
aborted the request.
I wonder if there is a better way to do it with the new architecture?
Also if I put my own hacks into the ht code it would be difficult for
me to update.

Thank you,
Andrei