[hunchentoot-devel] timeout errors

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 10:01:21 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Andrea Chiumenti <kiuma72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I'm using hunchentoot v 1.1.1
> and after serving each request I always have errors like this one:
>
> [2011-01-31 10:39:13 [ERROR]] Error while processing connection: I/O timeout
> while doing input on #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "socket 127.0.0.1:4242, peer:
> 127.0.0.1:45423" {100396FEC1}>.
>
> Why the connection isn't properly closed ?

Do you use the latest version of usocket?  We fixed this problem quite
some time ago.  The message is hamless.  It indicates that the timeout
that Hunchentoot establishes for data arriving on incoming connections
has expired.  The timeout condition should be signalled by usocket as
a portable condition and will then be handled by Hunchentoot properly
(silently).  If you are using an outdated usocket release, the
condition will be signalled in non-portable form, not be caught by
Hunchentoot and then logged as an error.

-Hans