[hunchentoot-devel] Hard to catch errors below process-request

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 21:04:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 8:48 PM, AVS <lispercat at gmail.com> wrote:
> The easiest I can think of is to put some garbage inside start-output
> function (headers.lisp) and execute a request from any server running
> on hunchentoot.
> Let's say right after
>    (when (stringp content)
>      ;; if the content is a string, convert it to the proper external format
>      (setf content (string-to-octets content :external-format
> (reply-external-format*))))
>
> put something like (/ 1 0) or (crazy-function a b).
> I wonder if I can write a test case to isolate it more so you wouldn't
> have to use your server code.

I'm not sure if I understand you well, but are you changing
Hunchentoot itself and find it hard to debug, or are you writing an
application that uses Hunchentoot and find _that_ hard to debug.  If
the former, I think you'll have to come up with a proposed patch to
improve the behavior.  If the latter, I think I don't quite understand
what the issue is.

-Hans